CONTESTED DIVORCE FILING
A contested divorce is a conventional method of looking for a divorce from your spouse. It ought to be practiced when common assent divorce is preposterous. A contested divorce in India mirrors a circumstance wherein one spouse has at long last made up his/her psyche to continue with the divorce. Contested Divorce implies that your spouse is at legitimate fault for submitting the matrimonial offence. Matrimonial Offenses are a reason for divorce. Your spouse activities or exclusions, and inability to release sensible conduct drives you to the conclusion that living respectively with your spouse is the last option to resort.
Contested divorce is common in all marriage laws and divorce laws of every religion. Like the Hindu Marriage Act,1955, Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act, 1939, Parsi marriage and Divorce Act, 1936, Indian Divorce Act, 1869 and The Special Marriage Act, 1954.
Contested Divorce Procedure in India
STEPS FOR CONTESTED DIVORCE FILING:
VARIOUS STEPS SPOUSES SHOULD GO THROUGH BEFORE THE DIVORCE IS SETTLED.
With a contested divorce, spouses should go through various strides before the divorce is settled, including:
- Prepare, record, and serve (convey) the divorce request (legitimate administrative work requesting the divorce and expressing the justification for the breakdown of the marriage)
- Respond to the request
- Interview and enlist a lawyer
- Engage in “divorce disclosure” – the data gathering process, which includes different legitimate methodology to get data from your spouse and third-party witnesses.
During the settlement stage, spouses are regularly unfit to determine issues. The divorce judge may urge spouses to resolve things, the following stage is divorce court when the matter is not resolved between them. During the preliminary stage, the two spouses present witnesses, and their legal advisors question the witnesses and present shutting contentions. After the preliminary stage is finished, the court will give the last request memorializing the judge’s choices in general and settling for divorce.
Contested divorces are intricate. In this way, spouses in a contested divorce ought to talk with an accomplished divorce legal advisor who can educate them regarding their lawful privileges and guarantee for divorce to be completed.
PROCEDURE FOR CONTESTED DIVORCE:
- You need to decide. You need to choose if the opportunity has arrived for it.
- You really want to track down a decent divorce lawyer. He ought to be a well-informed authority, having respectability and a solid court presence. Meet your lawyer. You examine the case with him straightforwardly. Subsequent to meeting, you need to pick your divorce lawyer or divorce law firm.
- Your divorce lawyer then, at that point, starts the drafting of Contested Divorce Petition.
- Divorce Petition is recorded under the watchful eye of Family Court.
- Subsequent to recording, your divorce case gets recorded for the principal hearing/confirmation hearing. Court issues notice/request to other party.
- Your spouse should document a reply/written statement. Assuming your spouse doesn’t show up in the Court in spite of getting summons, the court might continue with the case in his/her nonappearance. It is normally called ex-parte divorce procedures.
- Court outlines issues. Gives fundamentally mean places of settling by the Family Court. Parties give their evidence on these focuses/issues.
- Evidence is first recorded by the spouse that documented the Petition for contested divorce. Cross-examination of the witnesses is finished by the contrary party lawyer.
- Evidence of Respondent is done after above.
- Case is recorded for conclusive contentions after evidence of the two parties.
- After conclusive contentions are heard by the Court, the case is recorded for condemning.
- On effectively demonstrating the case, pronouncement of divorce is allowed.
GROUNDS TO SEEK A CONTESTED DIVORCE
Law gives different grounds to look for divorce from your spouse. Reason for a contested divorce, which are regularly utilized: –
- Divorce on the ground of cruelty.
- Divorce on the ground of desertion
- Divorce on the ground of adultery.
- Divorce on the ground for concealment of assets.
- Divorce on the ground for the children’s interest.
Other than above, there are different reasons for divorce like instability of psyche, common demise, and so on to look for.
DURATION FOR CONTESTED DIVORCE
The length for getting divorce fluctuates from one case to another and all around. As a rule, contested divorce requires 18 to 24 months. Usually, the time period taken in contested divorce is much longer than the time duration in mutual consent divorce. As in mutual consent divorce both the parties agree to the terms and formalities to be followed. Whereas, in contested divorce since the spouses do not agree on the terms for divorce mutually. It is on the judge to make a decision for them.
DIVORCE LAWYERS FOR CONTESTED DIVORCE
In all the above explanation, it has been clear as to why a lawyer’s help is necessary for contested divorce. A knowledgeable divorce lawyer is thorough with the procedures required for contested divorce. A divorce lawyer safeguards your rights during the procedure of contested divorce since the duration is long.
At VSK & Co Advocates & Legal Consultants, Consult Our Family Law Experts with 14+ Years of Sound Knowledge and Deep Root Experience in the Rules and Acts functionalities. You can find best services for Family Law matters like Divorce Counselling, Divorce Filing, Mutual Divorce, Contested Divorce, Child Custody, Divorce Settlement and other aspects of family law matters by experts.