Apartment Owners Association Registration in Bangalore
Apartment Owners Association Registration in Bangalore comes under Karnataka Societies Registration Act 1960 (KSRA). By law, the KAOA is the provision. But the confusion arises because there is no authority specified for it to register the association through the Registrar of Cooperative Societies is regarded as the competent authority in this regard. However, note that you have the provision to tackle issues if you go by the rules of the KAOA. When it comes to the KSRA, the powers are well laid out and therefore, it paves way for such confusion. At this juncture, it is important to mention that while the KAOA deals with apartment complexes, the KSRA’s jurisdiction involves- literary, scientific, charitable and other organizations. As of now, those registering their apartments along the KSRA guidelines, generally put in a ‘welfare’ motive in the clause.
The homeowner under the KAOA is the absolute owner with a clear title of the apartment and its proportional undivided share (UDS). It is governed by the Transfer of Property Act,1882.
You Should To Know about Karnataka Apartment Ownership Act (KAOA) of 1972.
Before the property can be legally handed over to the owners, the builder has to register the Society within four months of sale of 60 per cent of the flats.
- Minimum seven or more members who must be above 18 years.
- Memorandum of association with name and objects of association, details of members of governing body with name, address and occupation.
- By-laws (rules and regulations) of the association.
- Fee for registration
Ensure that builder has obtained Occupancy Certificate for the apartment. Occupancy Certificate evidences the completion of the building as per the approved plan and assures its compliance to local laws. Here are all the documents for legal handover from the builder.
Apartment Owners Association Registration
Before Going to Apartment Owners Association Registration in Bangalore, The Members Should be ready with documents required to submit for further procedure:
- Occupancy Certificate
- Deed of Declaration under 1972 Act.
- NOC – Airports Authority of India
- NOC- Ministry of Environment & Forests
- Karnataka State Pollution Control Board – Consent
- NOC from BDA for Construction
- NOC – BSNL
- NOC – BESCOM
- BESCOM Approvals for Transformer & LT Panels.
- BESCOM Sanction letter and Deposit Receipts
- NOC- Karnataka Fire & Emergency Services & Conditional
- Gas Approvals from Oil Corporations & Allotment Order
- BDA Approved Plans & Modified Plans
- Lift Approvals from Deputy Chief Electrical Inspector
- BWSSB Sanction letter/Payment Receipt copy
- List of Club House Movable Asset
- Hand over of DG, Transformer & Fire Pump Details
- Sump & Tank Capacity Details
- Hand over -STP Pump Details
- Hand Over – Pump Room Asset Details
- Hand Over – Swimming Pool Room with List of Assets
- Hand Over – Sewage Treatment Plant
- Hand Over – Play Area Assets
- Hand Over – Basement Fire Hydrant Equipment Details
- Hand Over – All Block Yard Hydrant Equipment Details
- Hand Over – Fire Hydrant Details Block wise
- Hand Over – Fire Extinguisher Details
- Hand Over – Security Room Main Gate
- Hand Over – Gas Bank Equipment Details
- Hand Over – Gym Room Equipment
- Hand Over – Club house Key List Details
- Hand Over – Common Area Key list Details
- Hand Over – List of Manuals & Service Report Files
- Hand Over – Fire Pump Details
- Hand Over – List of Architectural Working Drawing
- Statement of Maintenance Deposit or Corpus Fund
- Renewals – Annexure – E
- Address Book of all the Flat Owners.
- RR.No. Of all the Flats
- Title Deed.
Apartment Owners Association Registration in Bangalore
The Karnataka Apartment Ownership Act of 1972 (KAOA), which came into force in 1975, encourages homeowners to form associations on democratic grounds. These associations ensure a smooth functioning within the housing societies and apartment complexes. Generally, such associations are registered by the developers. However, in case that doesn’t happen, the apartment residents can take a lead and get it registered with the help of a lawyer.
Most of the flat / apartments have listed their associations in Bangalore are recorded it through the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960 (KSRA). This is due ease of the process outlined under the Act, particularly in comparison with Karnataka Apartment Ownership Act, 1972.
How To Register Apartment Owners Association?
How To Register Apartment Owners Association In Bangalore?
To Register Apartment Owners Association, the following documents of members is mandatory:
• Minimum 7 Members Required to form an Association.
• Application Form to the Registrar of Societies (signed by all committee members).
• Association Name
• Association Address
• First General Body Meeting Proceedings
• MOA Document
• PAN Card (All Members)
• Residence Proof (All Members)
• Registrar Fee
After submission of application to the Registrar, they review and verify the documents, if they find any mistakes or missings in the application and documents then they rejects the application.
So it is better to consult experts to make it in a hassle-free way to register in the first attempt.
If You are Planning for Register an Association OR Looking for Registration of your Association?
VSK & Co is Best place to Consult
Click to See More
Apartment Owners Association Rules and Regulations In Bangalore
where do i have to look to get a list of all registered societies ?
Hi Yogesh, You can’t get it in google, you need to get into the government website.
we are group of people from hebbal, want to register apartment owners association, want to know what are the charges and duration for the process
Hi Premji “Apartment Owners Association Registration In Bangalore” for details of the process we can’t explain here, we will give you the documents list, you need to fill and submit all the required documents, it takes 7 to 10 working days to get the certificate.For further details consult our office.
Do the Registeration is happing for association under 1972. and what about the PIL status that was filled to stop registeration.
Hi Ankur, We stopped doing this under the 1972 act long back. Only we are doing on 1960 act. For further proceedings, you can contact us.
Sirs, we need to register our client’s apartment owners association under KAOA. What will be the all-in charges and how many days will it take?
Consult us @ VSK & Co Bangalore || #5C – 316, JBJ Complex, 2nd Floor, Opp.
Indian Oil Petrol Bunk, Above Airtel Store, East Of NGEF Layout, Ramamurthy Nagar Main Road, Bangalore – 560016. Mob:8880688811
there is no provision under kaoa for registration of association of apartment owners if your builder has registered the dod with the annexure of bye law , prior to first conveyance of apartment and also subsequently registered the deed of apartment in the sub registrar office as per section 13 of kaoa act ,
the association of apartment owners is a legal body coming into existence by the virtue of the special statute called kaoa act enacted by the legislature with the assent of the president and functions based on the statutory document dod and bye law.