WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms And Conditions govern the contractual obligation between 2 parties that is, one between the service provider and the second being the user. Terms and Conditions specified on the website is a contract thereon which is agreed upon by the user. The Agreement sets out the rules of use for the user while he decides to interact with the service provider through this Agreement.
WHAT IS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions contain information regarding the payments, subscriptions, limitation of liability statements. This Agreement also includes the rule for the conduct of the user, by setting limitation on the use of the website to avoid any violation of rules. These rules give the website owner the right to protect their website and avoid any frivolous use of the content in the website. There exists proof for any payments made by the users and protects the website owner against any false accusations or lawsuits.
The website owner, agrees to not be liable or tolerate any content which is offensive, hateful or involves any trolling against anyone having negative impact to the users. Hence, it is clearly stated in terms & conditions that the owner is not responsible for any malicious content posted by the user. The most known example of this can be, on social media platforms where the service providers do not support any hateful and offensive content and such content is also put down by the service provider.
What is included in Terms and Conditions?
Terms and conditions, is a fundamental for the website, it provides adequate and proper defence for website owner. Following are the few important provisions which are added in the Terms and Conditions:
- Terms of service.
- User Consent.
- Limitation of Liability.
- Payment Gateway.
- Intellectual Property Rights.
- License to use Website.
- Governing Law and Justification.
- Contact Information.
- To gain trust from Users.
- Protection of Content.
- Prevents Abuse.
- Makes customers informed about data collection.
- Avoids legal battles and fines.
- Data is filled by the user with reliability.
- Description about the data collected.
- Where the user can find the information.
- Reason for the collected of information.
- In what way the data is collected.
- To whom the data will be disclosed.
- The rights user has been entitled with.
- How the user can access that data.
- Contact information.
DRAFTING A WEBSITE AGREEMENT