What is OHSAS 18001?
ISO OHSAS 18001, Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (officially BS OHSAS 18001), was a British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems. Compliance with it enabled organizations to demonstrate that they had a system in place for occupational health and safety. An occupational health & safety management system, often called an OH&SMS, is comprised of the policies, processes, plans, practices, and records that outline the principles governing how your company takes care about occupational health and safety. this method must be tailored to your particular company, because only your company will have the precise legal requirements and occupational health & safety hazards that match your specific business processes. However, the OHSAS 18001 requirements provide a framework and guidelines for creating your occupational health & safety management system in order that you are doing not miss important elements needed for an OH&SMS to achieve success.
What is OHSAS 18001:2007?
The occupational health and safety assessment series OHSAS 18001 helps organizations formulate occupational health and safety policies and objectives. The system implementation leads to demonstrating the priority towards employees and safe working. the quality is often applied to Industrial also as service sector.
The extent of application of the certification will depend upon factors just like the occupational health and safety policy of the organization, the character of its activities, and therefore the conditions under which it operates. This proactive approach helps the organization to take care of the higher future relations with employees, contractors. the quality gives a framework to assess hazards associated with processes, work environment and therefore the risks associated. the quality demands to determine the program to scale back the risks and improve upon. The revised standard of 2007 version gives equal importance to occupational health.
An international standard, OHSAS 18001:2007 can integrate with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 for environmental management systems. this is often a preferred approach by management so on lookout of the risks associated with product, environment and employees.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001:2007
• Improves corporate image and credibility among stakeholders, regulators, customers, prospective clients and also the public
• Adoption of international best practice in relevance risk management
• Ensures health and well-being of employees, sub-contractors and also the public
• Minimization of liability of employers through adoption of proactive instead of reactive controls
• Ensures legislative awareness and compliance
• Reduces accident and incident rates by reducing or eliminating workplace hazards
• Improves the incident investigation process
• Increases employee motivation through the supply of a safer workplace and participation process
Click to Consult For Hassle free process.